The study of CAPE Green Engineering will enable students to acquire the knowledge, skills,values and attitudes needed to sustain the natural environment. It will provide students with a suite of tools to improve their approach to, and effectiveness at, solving real world problems.
the study of Green Engineering will contribute to a person who will learn to know, learn to do, learn to live together, learn to be and learn to transform themselves and society.
This syllabus aims to:
- enhance students’ awareness of the broad environmental, social and economic impact of engineering;
- create an understanding of how to incorporate the principles of sustainability into engineering practices;
- promote an understanding of the principles of Green Engineering and Industrial Ecology;
- develop an understanding of the interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary nature of environmental problems related to engineering;
- promote awareness of the global challenges related to environment and the impact of our decisions on present and future generations;
- apply the principles of Green Engineering and Industrial Ecology to manage and solve environmental problems related to engineering in the Caribbean context;
- apply Scientific, Technological, Engineering and Mathematical (STEM) principles to improve the environment at the local, regional and global levels;
- design solutions to address environmental problems related to engineering;
- develop the capacity for critical thinking, creativity and innovation, problem solving,contextual learning, collaboration, emotional intelligence, entrepreneurial skills and technological competence through authentic learning experiences; and,
- integrate information, communication and technological (ICT) tools and skills.