The Youth Innovation Project of Guyana, is the flagship project for the Department of Youth, funded by the Government of Guyana 2017 budget. It is a collaborative multi - ministry, multi - stakeholder project that includes governmental ,
regional, international, and corporate agencies.
Any Guyanese youth, from within the ten regions who is aware of issues, challenges or difficulties in their community and wishes to propose a solution in the areas of STEAMS, while fostering a green economy, is encouraged to apply.
Participants may be individuals or teams of no more than 10 persons with a named team leader and an identified expert in the project. Participants should be 16-35 years of age and members of a club or organization that is registered with the Ministry of Education.
Launch of YIPOG 2017
Monday, May 22
Call for proposals
May 22 - June 30
Review of proposal designs
July 1 - August 15
Judging of projects
August 15 - 31
Announcement of winners
Disbursement of funds
September 1 - 8
September - November
Evaluation of project prototype and Host
Organization beneficiary project
- SCIENCE: Activities encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
- TECHNOLOGY:The application of scientic knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry: machinery and equipment developed from the application of scientic knowledge, dealing with engineering or applied sciences.
- ENGINEERING: The branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines, and structures.
- AGRICULTURE: The science or practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for the growing of crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool, and other products.
- ANTHROPOLOGY: The study of human societies and cultures and their development; the study of human biological and physiological characteristics and their evolution.
- ARCHEOLOGY: The study of human history and prehistory through the excavation of sites and the analysis of artifacts and other physical remains.
- THE ARTS: The expression or application of human creative skill an imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power. The various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.
- ARCHITECTURE: The art or practice of designing and constructing buildings
- MATHEMATICS: The abstract science of number, quantity, and space. Mathematics may be studied in its own right ( pure mathematics ), or as it is applied to other disciplines such as physics and engineering
- SPIRITUALITY: The quality of being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
PARTNER & SUPPORTING ORGANISATIONS
- Youth Entrepreneurship and Skills Training Programme (YEST)
- Volunteerism Support Platform (VSP)
- President’s Youth Award Republic of Guyana (PYARG)
Guyana’s youth will design, develop, and produce innovative ideas to foster a green economy using STEAMS: Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, Anthropology, Archeology, Architecture, Arts, Mathematics and Spirituality.
- To decrease unemployment amongst young Guyanese
- To engage youth in the development of a Green State through the application STEAMS
- To foster the development of creative thinking through STEAMS
- To develop a network between partners that work in the field of creative thinking and youth development
Can you propose a solution to societal issues or overcome the challenges through the application of STEAMS by any of the following approaches?
- Working with friends
- Sharing proposed solutions
- Accessing expert advice
- Proposing a budget/making an estimate
- Most relevant to sustainable communities
- Most creattive and innovative
- Best plan and project design
- Best use of STEAMS
- Best presentation
THE TIME FOR YOUTH IS NOW!!!