UNESCO is launching the Young Professionals Programme 2015. Its main objective is to improve the geographical distribution of the Secretariat. It also aims at attracting young talented professionals to the Secretariat at UNESCO Headquarters, Paris.
Guyana National Commission for UNESCO has been invited to select and submit a maximum of 15 qualified candidatures according to the following criteria:
- Nationals of non-represented or under-represented Member States of UNESCO
- Maximum thirty-two years of age as at 31 December 2015 i.e. born in 1983
- Holding an advanced university degree, preferably with specialization or a major in the following areas:
- Education: Educational planning, comparative education, education reform – Human Management, Business Administration
- Natural Sciences: Environmental Natural Sciences
- Social and Human Sciences: Social and Human Sciences (social transformations, policy formulation, youth and intercultural dialogue)
- Culture: International Law
- Communication and Information: Communication or Information Sciences
- External Relations: International Relations; Political Sciences
- Legal Affairs: International Law, contract law, commercial law or administrative law
- Financial Management: Finance, Accounting, Audit
- Excellent knowledge of English or French. Knowledge of both working languages is an asset.
Besides the above criteria, the selection will be based on the three notions of excellence, achievement and commitment to UNESCO’s mandate. A relevant first professional experience will be an asset, but is not an essential requirement.
You are invited to submit – no later than 8 July, 2015 the completed Curriculum Vitae form attached here, in addition to a scanned copy of your birth certificate and or bio-data page of passport.