The Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training is required to do among other things,
- develop and initiate the implementation of policies;
- establish standards to meet national, regional and international requirements;
- further develop the national system of performance testing and certification;
- undertake curriculum development with the use of the Competency Based Modularized methodology;
- conduct research on TVET;
- implement quality control mechanisms;
- and monitor the performance of both formal and non-formal Post-Secondary TVET Systems.
The functions of the Council for TVET are articulated in the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Act of 2004.